Some examples of the type of accident clinic visits include; Lacerations requiring suturing, undisplaced fractures requiring plastering, abdominal pain or early pregnancy bleeding – just to mention a few.
We also have doctors who are trained in Mirena insertions. Please visit our doctor’s profile pages for more detailed information about what our doctors can offer you.
Our general practice is co-located with Australian Workforce Assessors which offers a comprehensive rage of services including pre employment medicals, immunisations and onsite drug and alcohol testing. More information on AWA can be found on their website.
At Launceston Medical Centre, we have an onsite point of care ultrasound which specific doctors are able to utilise. This provides additional information, with scans available onsite, something which is not usually available within other shared care settings. Please contact our reception team for more information about our Antenatal Care appointments.
Patients will be seen in order of arrival however unstable patients will be given priority. No appointment is necessary.
Weekdays – 1800 to 2000
Weekends & Public Holidays – 1300 to 1700
Tasmanian Medical Laboratories
- TML are currently open limited hours due to COVID-19.
Hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm. With no appointments necessary, TML have two dedicated collection rooms located within the Launceston Medical Centre. Pathology services requested are bulk billed for those with a valid Medicare card.
- When a doctor deems the test clinically urgent, the results can often be back within an hour, as the TML pathology laboratory is located within Launceston Health Hub.
- You can find out more about TML, by visiting their website.
We can assist with a broad range of mental health issues and ensure strict confidentiality is always maintained. Please request a double appointment with you GP to discuss any concerns regarding your mental health.
Our psychotherapist is located within our practice at the Hub ensuring the best care can be provided in unison with your treating doctor. We are committed to professional, discreet and totally confidential high-quality care within a welcoming, calm, respectful environment.
We can assist with a broad range of mental heath issues and ensure strict confidentiality is always maintained.
2020 Flu Vaccinations
Updated 28th of May, 2020
‘Booster’ flu vaccinations will be offered from mid-June.
Booster vaccinations may be given to patients depending on their individual risk factors and which vaccine they have previously had.
For those that haven’t had their flu shot this year they are also welcome to book now.
This year, there was a delay in the release of the government’s supply of the dedicated 4 strain vaccine for people aged over 65.
In order to provide recommended protection, these patients were given an alternative 4 strain vaccine which is generally provided to patients under 65 years of age. These patients are encouraged to book for their age appropriate vaccine which would be free of charge.
Launceston Medical Centre are continuing to run our ‘drive in’ flu clinic for these patients from mid-June.
Government vaccines are supplied at no charge for the following patients;
- All people aged 6 months to less than 5 years
- All Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 6 months and over
- Pregnant women (during any stage of pregnancy)
- All people aged 65 years and over
- People aged 6 months and over with medical conditions which increase the risk of influenza disease complications
Patients who don’t meet this criteria can purchase a private vaccines for $15
Instructions for patients
- The drive-in clinic will be conducted from our staff carpark which is off Cleavland Street (there will be signs out on the day to indicate where to go). You may be provided directions on where to park by a staff member
- Upon arrival you will be given a questionnaire and consent form to complete.
The doctor will administer the vaccine through your open car window