- Consultations between 9-6pm are via appointment only with every effort made to see those with urgent needs
- A typical appointment time is 10-15 minutes
- If you feel you require more time than a standard appointment or you have more than one problem to discuss, please book a long appointment
- Using the Hotdoc app or online booking feature, specific types and lengths of appointments can be booked
- As our doctors have special interest areas (please see services) they have various days they focus on these and encourage patients to book these via Hotdoc or ask our receptionist which days these are held
Cancelling an appointment is totally understandable. We ask that you cancel your appointment either through the HotDoc app, replying ‘NO’ to your reminder text or by calling our receptionists at least 2 hours prior.
A non-attendance fee of $20 will be charged to those that don’t cancel their appointment. This fee does not attract a Medicare rebate.
In most circumstances, if your doctor has ordered blood tests or medical imaging patients are required to make an appointment to discuss the results personally. This provides a high standard of medical care and ensures patient confidentiality as it can be hard to identify a person over the phone.
Launceston Medicare Urgent Care Clinic
The Medicare Urgent Care Clinic (MUCC) is a walk-in clinic open every day of the year.
The clinic provides care for people with urgent, but non-life-threatening, medical needs who can’t wait to see their regular GP, but don’t need to go to the Emergency Department (ED).
Opening hours are 2:00pm – 8:00pm daily.
If there is a medical emergency please call 000